Customer intimacy is the literal translation of customer partnership. It stands for developing, building and maintaining the relationship.
Features of customer intimacy:
- Decision-making authority for employees close to the customer;
- Excel in customer attention and customer service;
- No one-off transactions with the customer;
- Product or service at (almost) individual level;
- Wide variation in product range;
- Maintains relations with the customer.
Why is this important?
Maintaining long-term relationships with customers is cheaper than one-off sales. Tapping into new customers costs money, such as advertising costs.
Click on a term to read the explanation.